November 2016 Trip is approaching, book quickly to join us! (Sign up here)
Travel with Wine Schiolar Guild and Essi Avellan MW to the Champagne region to unlock the secrets of this world famous bubbly and experience first-hand what makes this region and its sparkling wine so special.
- Discover the Champagne region with your instructor, Essi Avellan, world-renowned champagne specialist, wine author and Master of Wine.
- Tour the different sub-regions of Champagne to get a complete and in-depth view of the appellation. Visit the Montagne de Reims, the Côte de Blancs, the Vallée de la Marne and the Aube vineyards.
- Meet, experience champagne tasting and learn directly from the cellar masters of some of the most prestigious champagne houses
- Visit and experience the best Champagne tasting with top grower-producers, located in Grand Cru and prestigious champagne producing villages.
- Experience tasting base wines of Pinot Noir, Chardonnay or Meunier and gain a deeper understanding of the importance and art of blending.
- Dine in the region’s best restaurants, to enjoy special champagnes paired with the local gastronomy.
- Travel with serious students of wine, either dedicated wine amateurs or wine professionals, and share an educational, enriching and memorable experience while mastering the world of champagne
Champagne producers visited on Essi’s previous trips:
Ruinart in Reims and cellar master Frédéric Panaïotis
Pierre Paillard in Bouzy
Tarlant in Œuilly
Dom Pérignon in Hautvillers and cellar master Richard Geoffroy
Louis Roederer in Reims and cellar master Jean-Baptiste Lécaillon
Moët & Chandon in Montaigu with chef de cave Benoît Gouez
Drappier in Urville (Aube)
Philipponnat with Charles Philipponnat
Jacques Lassaigne in Montgueux
De Venoge in Epernay
Jean-Louis Vergnon in Le Mesnil-sur-Oger
De Saint Gall in Avize
Larmandier-Bernier in Vertus
Club Trésors de Champagne in Reims
Learn more and sign up here.